Terms and Conditions
(Including POPI & CPA Provisions)
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION POLICY (POPI)
In line with The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) which comes into effect 01 July 2021, we are obliged by legislation to ensure that reasonable measures are implemented and followed to protect your privacy and the right to access of information.
By uploading your CV and profile to our website or in response to a specific job advert, we will collect, use and store the following personal data about you:
- The data you have provided in e-mail correspondence, a covering letter, your Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as any other written correspondence.
- The personal data you have provided on our application form which include:
- Title / Surname / First Names / ID or Passport Number / Preferred Name / Nationality / Work Permit Status / Contact Telephone Numbers / Email Address / Home Address / Languages Spoken/ Equity Status / Gender / Operational Requirements / Disclosure regarding criminal history and previous disciplinary history and any other data you provide to us during interviews.
- Personal Data that is provided by your referees by way of telephonic or written references.
In the event that you fail to provide personal data relevant to the application process or specific position you applied for or provide inaccurate data, we may not be able to consider and process your application further.
Your data is collected by us from the following sources:
- Yourself, being the candidate, our website, a specific response to an advert or by referral from a 3rd party Recruitment Associate.
- Publicly accessible sources such as LinkedIn, using the personal information as shown in your personal profile.
- Referees as stipulated by you. This data will include your full name, position held, period of employment, responsibilities held, work performance during employment as well as reason for leaving.
- We highly recommend that you remove any non-essential or sensitive personal information from your CV and profile.
Your personal data and sensitive personal data will be us for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you about available vacancies and the recruitment process.
- Assess your skills, qualifications and suitability for applicable positions.
- Obtain references and background checks when necessary.
USE OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Your sensitive personal data will only be used as far as permitted by Law.
- The data used about your nationality and/or employment equity status will be for the purpose of ensuring you comply with the clients Employment Equity policy requirements as necessary for a specific role.
- Data about your disability status will be used to ensure that appropriate provisions are available in the event of tests or interviews that must be conducted.
By registering as a candidate or applying for a specific job, your CV will be shared to Skills Blackboard Pty LTD Clients and 3rd Party Associates for the specific purpose of recruitment.
Your personal information will not be shared or sold to any 3rd party which is not affiliated to Skills Blackboard Pty LTD and will only be used for the sole purpose of a job application and the recruitment process.
- Your personal data will be retained by us for a period of 3 years after your last application date. We further retain your personal data to be considered for any similar positions that you might be suitable for.
- Please ensure your data is kept up to date at all times by logging into our online portal or in writing via email.
- All personal data will be safely and securely stored in accordance with the Data Protection and Privacy laws.
- Skills Blackboard Pty LTD will store your personal data until you ask us in writing to delete your CV and profile or if you have not engaged with our services for a period of 3 years or more.
PARTICIPATION & RIGHT OF ACCESS
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data held. This allows you to receive a copy of the personal data on our records and to ensure we are lawfully processing it.
- Request the correction of your personal data which will enable you to have any inaccurate or incomplete data corrected.
- Request to erase, halt or object your personal data being processed or used. In this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLIENTS, ASSOCIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS:
As a recruitment business, Skills Blackboard Pty LTD introduces candidates to clients for permanent, temporary or contract employment. Sharing the personal information of our candidates and client contacts is a significant and essential part of the recruitment process. By engaging in any of our recruitment services provided, you agree to:
- Only use candidates’ personal data provided via application forms, CV’s submitted and references obtained for the sole purpose of recruitment and will not sell or share this information.
- Ensure that candidates personal data is treated in binding confidentiality and in line with the POPI Act.
- Ensure reasonable operational and information technology measures are implemented to protect against unlawful access and/or processing.
- Destroy the personal data of candidates if their application was unsuccessful or no longer required for the specific purpose it was intended for.
- Immediately notify Skills Blackboard Pty LTD in the event of or knowledge of obstruction and irregularities of the applicable regulations pertaining to the personal data protection legislation by you, any of your staff or other parties acting on your behalf.
By submitting information to Skills Blackboard Pty LTD, irrespective as to how such information is submitted, you consent to the collection, collation, processing and storing for such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with this policy.